First and foremost I would like to thank Phoenix over at Life successfully / the prose machine for nominating me for this award! I’m pretty overwhelmed to be fresh and new in the blogging scene and already be nominated for this king of award! I initially didn’t think anyone would read my blog and I would just be writing to an audience of internet ghosts – so I’m pretty thankful that someone has taken an interest in my blog enough to want to suggest it to others! A massive thank you Phoenix, I appreciate it!
Now, as required, here are the rules on accepting your nomination:
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Now that all that is out the way I’ll answer the questions posed by Phoenix!
1 What’s one thing in the world you couldn’t live without?
This is going to be such a “millennial” answer, but other than the necessary food and water, my kindle and iPad. I use them both several times a day! My iPad is where I do all my blog writing – because I live such a busy life and it’s so light to carry everywhere! I read at such a rate that I need instant access to more books, I’m too impatient to wait for the book shop to open.
2 Tell us one thing about you that people may not expect.
I like to think I’m an open book but the comment I receive most from my colleagues is “you’re actually, like, really smart”. I generally find it pretty offensive, but I must look stupid? Maybe? I think it’s generally because I try and maintain an “unapologetically me” attitude and don’t want to come off as arrogant or such. It’s something that is said a lot and I guess it’s not necessarily a negative thing. It’s nice to be a little surprise to people!
3 What is your greatest pet peeve, in blogging or in life in general?
I don’t have a pet peeve in blogging because I’m fairly new, so don’t feel I can comment. I was struggling with this question and turned to my boyfriend to ask him if I had one and he said “you’re angry at everything, you’re an angry person” – which is completely false / maybe a little true. I strongly dislike people who drive under the speed limit, I find it to be more dangerous than speeding.
4 When you’re not blogging, what’s your favorite thing to do?
I’ve always loved reading and writing. Unfortunately I don’t have a massive amount of time for it these days; what with working full time and moving house! It’s something I’ve always wanted to do more with, which is one of the reasons I created this blog!
5 Is there a certain cause that you’re all about?
Mental health awareness! I mean why else would I have built my entire career around mental health? I deal with the beautiful and ugly side of it and I want to raise awareness anywhere I possibly can! It’s something so close to my heart and something I have so much passion for! I want to educate the world on mental health and help everyone with their own mental illness and mental wellbeing!
6 If there’s somewhere you could go in the world, where would it be?
I’ve been stuck on this question for quite some time but the truth is I love the place I’m in at the moment! Scotland is home, beautiful, and everything I love. Obviously I enjoy travelling and experiencing other countries and cultures; but I could never pick somewhere over Scotland,
7 Where do you see yourself in ten years?
Well in 10 years time I’ll be 35! If life continues along these lines I’ll hopefully be married, have children, live a happy life! I want to be further in my career – preferably earning a masters degree.
8 What is your overall goal with blogging?
I started this without a particular goal. I guess I just want to work on my writing. Improve and enhance in a formal and informal style!
9 How many times have you asked yourself, is blogging worth it?
I’m a pretty low self-esteem person anyway – so a lot! I ask myself why would anyone read this? I’ve convinced myself that no one is into my writing or wants to read it but I’m doing it for me and for fun.
10 If you weren’t blogging, what would you be doing instead?
Probably reading other blogs telling myself that I should probably start a blog.
11 If you could blog about anything, even if you knew no one would care to read it, what would it be?
I would probably just do really poorly constructed reviews on books. I really want to publish some of my writing at some point…maybe
My 11 nominations
- Alicja of Popular is wrong / @alicjawlndzk
- Emily of Franklymsshankly / @seeemilyyplay
- Jess of Jess in wonderland / @xjessbarker
- Laura of Look at my clothes / @laurabloom87
- Ayse Merle of Ayse Merve demir / @aysemerveblog
- Lucy of Lucy goes to Hollywood / @lucyjadebuglass
- Annie of Annie’s mind / @anniesull1
- Lady Bluebottle of Ladybluebottle / @ladybluebottle
- Nick of Manic Grant / @manicgrant
- Aimie of Since 1994 / @msaimebabes
- Patricia of Coeur de Gemmes / @coeurdegemmes
I’m new to the blogging game but I seriously recommend checking these blogs out! Some of them are well established and some are relatively new, like me.
So the 11 questions I post to the above nominees are:
- What is your favourite way to unwind and destress?
- What is your favourite book or author?
- Why did you get into blogging?
- What is your favourite word in the English language?
- What kind of advice is your go to for any situation?
- What is your current binge-worthy Netflix show?
- What is one item of clothing that always makes you feel good?
- How do you keep yourself healthy, physically and mentally?
- Where do you see your life going?
- Do you feel a connection with an object?
- What would you spend £1,000 on?
I’m so grateful to Phoenix for nominating me for this. If any of my nominees accept this from me I look forward to reading your responses.